Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marist presidential poll ending 18 April 2024 - Biden up 3 pts. - 51 to 48 over Trump

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marist.

Why is it that any time I see mention of a political poll these days, I think of Julia Child? Somebody has done some cooking.

If over half the voters would vote for Biden, and Biden is the best the country has to offer for POTUS, the country has no hope.

Biden is up 5 in that poll in the 5 way race, which is more realistic this time I think.

It's just going to get worse for Trump as reality sinks in and the convictions come.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Biden is up 5 in that poll in the 5 way race, which is more realistic this time I think.

It's just going to get worse for Trump as reality sinks in and the convictions come.
    If Trump is knocked out, I would probably vote for Kennedy if he is the only non Biden option.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Marist.

Why is it that any time I see mention of a political poll these days, I think of Julia Child? Somebody has done some cooking.
    Gotta be. I don't see how it's possible.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If Trump is knocked out, I would probably vote for Kennedy if he is the only non Biden option.
    I'm currently thinking of voting for Kennedy. But if Trump is out I might go with the republican depending on who may replace Trump.

This shouldn't be shocking considering how much Trump has been completely demoralized and has proven he's nothing but a worthless pussy and a sorry ass piece of shit.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 04-22-2024 at 07:23 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the goal of this trial is to make Trump look old, weak and break his spirit then it seems to be working. He's fallen asleep in court several times so far.

If the goal of this trial is to make Trump look old, weak and break his spirit then it seems to be working. He's fallen asleep in court several times so far.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The choices are puke worthy

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    The choices are puke worthy
    Why do you hate democracy, comrade?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Because the choices are puke worthy.

why are you consistently against honest expression?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's not. That's just his favorite little bit of humorous irony; he's questioning whether it's really "democracy" when only state-approved candidates ever get any exposure or major party nominations.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-23-2024 at 05:59 AM.

Because I love democracy, comrade.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-23-2024 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's not. That's just his favorite little bit of humorous irony; he's questioning whether it's really "democracy" when only state-approved candidates ever get any exposure or major party nominations.
    God save us from real democracy (whatever that is).

The fake stuff is quite bad enough.

Elections actually are "quaint mechanisms that we can't trust" - even when they are entirely "on the level".

As Gideon Tucker famously wrote, "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session" - nor while the polls are open, I would add. (Alexis de Tocqueville had a good deal more to say on the matter, as well.)
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...37915191042049

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...36548349693953

"Being represented by a person one disgarees with is a contradiction in terms." -- Michael Malice

"There is no reason whatsoever to be represented by someone you are opposed to. Elections are inherently illegitimate." -- Michael Malice

Plausibility is all that matters. If they can find ways to make their polls seem close enough, there is zero chance Trump has to win. They picked the "winner" last time when Trump had control of the Executive branch - there's no way they'll select him when he doesn't.

The only chance Trump has is to overwhelm the perception so that the American public will find his loss implausible. Doesn't look like we're seeing much "winning" from his side.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The only chance Trump has is to overwhelm the perception so that the American public will find his loss implausible. Doesn't look like we're seeing much "winning" from his side.
    It's implausible at 50/50.

Get real. After what we've seen we tend to overestimate the amount of pure bull the American public will swallow. We had to watch the American public lap up one hell of a lot of pure mendacity to believe it. And they have certainly seen the same thing. I can't imagine how often the powers that be and their minions have said, "They bought that!?!"

They're trying to get The Right -- you know, the people with the guns -- to beg for totalitarianism. They stole the election from him and they jailed and are jailing people who complained about it. If The Right is going to be stirred off their asses at all, much less demand that they be allowed to burn the Constitution they think they revere, the Second Steal must be beyond obvious. They have to rub our noses in the doggie doo to prevent people from being able to go into denial about it.

So, the Clown Biden Administration must do literally everything wrong, very wrong, and in a big way. He must alienate all the independent voters and many Democrats. And they're doing it. They're working at it and they're doing it.

Hell, I've met certifiably insane people who can't stand no more. Biden's not really even in the ballpark.

We won't see anything but cooked polls from here on out. They have to get people set for even more obvious election rigging. Besides, otherwise people might see the Kennedy groundswell and join it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-23-2024 at 07:45 AM.

Despite a still close contest between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump, Trump’s support among white voters and independents has splintered.
    That's unmarried, college degreed, white women, whose number one and only political issue is abortion.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

God save us from real democracy (whatever that is).
    What God wants, God gets, God help us all.
    God wants politics - God wants a good laugh

Roger Waters with Jeff Beck

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

At this point we might as well chalk up a win for Newsom in 2028 since I'm pretty sure the GOP will still be in shambles by then.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's unmarried, college degreed, white women, whose number one and only political issue is abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    At this point we might as well chalk up a win for Newsom in 2028 since I'm pretty sure the GOP will still be in shambles by then.
    Why are you always talking like the GOP was doing just fine before 2016?

Ron Paul wasn't exactly on the precipice of winning.

The GOP's problem is that it has humans in its ranks. —People who have their own opinions. People who think.

The democrats will always have an advantage over the GOP in this regard because their ranks are full of NPCs. And if that's not enough, they're also a favorite among dead voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I think DeSantis could beat Newsom.

I have to strongly disagree with you there. Polls always grossly overestimate third party candidates.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I have to strongly disagree with you there. Polls always grossly overestimate third party candidates.
    ya , kennedy probably wont be a factor
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Polls have never dealt with the 2 most unpopular former presidents in history. Kennedy might very well get double digits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast