Thread: LA - city of St. George secedes from Baton Rouge

LA - city of St. George secedes from Baton Rouge

The Louisiana Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the new City of St George could move forward with incorporation, splitting off from the rest of Baton Rouge.

St George will have 86,000 residents across a 60-square-mile area in the southeast of East Baton Rouge Parish and will have its own Mayor and city council.

Supporters of the new city say that the existing city-parish government is poorly run, with high crime rates and bad schools.

Opponents say the movement is 'racist' and will create a 'white enclave' as it separates a wealthy area of the city from the majority Black city and school district.

Plans for St George started nearly 15 years ago when residents decided they would like to start their own school district.

Their plans then grew more ambitious and in 2015 they drew up a proposal to create their own city.

The proposal didn't get enough votes and the movement ground to a halt until 2019, when a second ballot to incorporate St George passed, with 54 percent of residents voting in favor of separation.

A lengthy court battle followed, with Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome and Mayor Pro Tem Lamont Cole suing St. George organizers soon after the election.

They argued that St George would siphon over $48 million in annual tax revenue from the city-parish government with serious knock-on effects for local services and staff.

Lower courts in Louisiana supported Baton Rouge's arguments, and shot down the proposed new city.

But now the state's Supreme Court has overruled their decisions, saying that the internal budget is balanced and will be able to provide public services, meaning St George can incorporate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rt-ruling.html
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

seems reasonable
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/NatCon2022/statu...16322731352111

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Now lets try to get this to happen throughout the entire country.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://twitter.com/NatCon2022/statu...16322731352111

The school is listed as 95% Black.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    The school is listed as 95% Black.
    And less than 5 percent have achieved "mastery" of basic HS knowledge.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...hromeless=true

Black Leaders PANIC After Whites Leave City
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...whites-leave:5
    {Actual Justice Warrior | 01 May 2024}

In this video I discuss the recent separation of the newly formed St. George from Baton Rouge Louisiana after a lengthy court battle.

Sources:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Black Leaders PANIC After Whites Leave City
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...whites-leave:5
    {Actual Justice Warrior | 01 May 2024}

In this video I discuss the recent separation of the newly formed St. George from Baton Rouge Louisiana after a lengthy court battle.

Sources:

I'm confused...black leadership says over and over that whites are oppressive, evil, that blacks are uncomfortable around white people and their white gaze, and on and on and on.

So why are they upset if all (and that's what it boils down, mostly all) the white people have left Baton Rouge and formed their own town?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So why are they upset if all (and that's what it boils down, mostly all) the white people have left Baton Rouge and formed their own town?
    Is this a rhetorical question? You know nobody's offended by the color green.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question? You know nobody's offended by the color green.
    Yes, of course it is.

The whole thing is a diddle of course.

No sane black person of means wants to live in the south side of Chicago, or Detroit or Riviera Beach.

That's why the Obama's bought an $18 million spread in the whitest of white communities.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...48272379600959